Friday, February 22, 2013

Prelude to my Senior Year

With barely a month left before the semestral break, my panic meter is rising up to the "danger" level. While it's true that my junior year will be over in a few weeks and that I should be excited for my senior year, here I am feeling all anxious about the obligatory undergrad thesis. 
The bf's been telling me to stop stressing myself out, that I'm just torturing myself for thinking way too early for this. He even said that it will dawn on me when the time comes.  Like magic. Of course, a part me of me wanted to believe him. But there's this tiny voice inside my head saying: "Come on, Poy! You don't really believe in serendipity, do you?" So yeah, I'm preparing myself ahead for the battle. Physically, mentally, emotionally. 

Actually, I already have a few topics in mind. I'm going to list them down here. I haven’t consulted any of the professors from our department yet but judging from the opinions of my close friends and my boyfriend, I think I have a fair chance for their approval.
  1. MIXED ORIENTATION MARRIAGE - Quite a number of studies have explored  the factors  of why do homosexual men decide to marry women. But nothing (as far as my current research is concerned) has revealed the reasons why do heterosexual women still marry homosexual men even though they aware of their spouse's gender. 
  2. MSM & HIV - I would like to document the psychological angle of submitting one's self to HIV screening. Based from my personal experience, it takes a lot of courage to get yourself tested. I know a lot of PLUs want to know their status but are afraid of doing so. And if they finally decided it's about time, I want to know what/who influenced them in taking the test. 

2 comments:

  1. both are interesting topics... mas gusto ko yun number one hehe. pero goodluck kung ano mapipili mo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo nga eh, mas gusto ko rin yung number 1 pero parang mahihirapan ako kumuha ng subjects. Good luck talaga sa kin. Hehe.

      Delete