Monday, June 27, 2011

Hey, I'm still here!


It has been a while, (“a while” would be an understatement, I know) when I last updated this blog. I have been busy with school and work and as much as I’d like to keep track of my daily hullabaloos and what not, I guess the time’s just not enough. Anyway, here’s a quick rundown of what had transpired since I last wrote here.

I didn’t take classes last summer and now though I hate to admit this, I regret it a lot. I was confident I can catch up with the remaining units in my Plan of Study but when I got enrolled this June, my heart sunk when I discovered I still have 40+ units left to take. God, I hate 5-unit subjects! This is what I get from transferring schools. LOL. I’m not complaining though, I just can’t help but notice that there are unnecessary subjects in their B.S. Psychology curriculum. I don’t get what Asian Civilization has got to do with Psychology, neither does Retorika or World Literature! So, that will leave me another 2 years in college then, just when I thought I'd be studying medicine soon. Sigh.

Only few people know my fear of getting tested [for HIV]. Up to now, I still get chills when I think about it. What if it turns out positive, how am I going to live a life I'm just starting to establish? What will the people tell? How will they react? And the most frightening question I've had to ask: "How long am I going to live?" I don't understand what made me write about it now but I'm hoping that by doing this I will come to my sense and finally take the test. I'm not promiscuous, I should tell you. I had engaged in unprotected sex thrice; blame it on curiosity but I promised I will never do it again. With the height of AIDS and HIV incidence in our country, I can't help but get frantic. Yet, I still have not enough courage to stand up and get tested. I will, but not now




No comments:

Post a Comment